Sometimes an unexpected thing may happen with your hydro flask. If you sip from the water in your flask and feel that there is an odd fragrance, you can be sure that it is due to mold. So, what should you do in this situation?
How to get rid of mold in a hydro flask?
There are several hydro flasks whose insides are made of stainless steel. If mold accumulates inside it, the flask can spread a bad smell and taste odd.
Using white vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil, and hydrogen peroxide solutions are some of the ways to remove the mold and its smell from the Hydro flask.
First, remove the straw, lid, and gasket from the flask. They should be cleaned separately. Now, we are going to discuss cleaning the hydro flask inside.
Using baking soda
Baking soda is a common ingredient used for cooking and other necessary uses. The material is a fantastic cleaner that not only cleans cookware but also disinfects toiletries and other items.
- Mix the vinegar with dish soap. The ratio of vinegar to dish soap in the mixture must be 50:50.
- Add some drops of water to the mixture.
- Melt the mixture with a toothbrush and make a paste.
- Apply the baking soda and soap mixture inside the hydro flask and rub the flask’s inside surface with a soft brush or cloth.
- Apply a spray solution to bear a sweet fragrance inside the flask.
- Take a paper towel and wipe the flask inside to make it dry.
Now, you can enjoy a beautiful mold-free flavor from your Hydro Flask.
Spritz with white vinegar
White vinegar is another solution that can be mixed with baking soda to prepare a more powerful cleaning solution. But you can also use white vinegar separately to clean your Hydro Flask or other dishes.
- A spray bottle
- A sufficient amount of white vinegar.
- A soft sponge or a soft brush
- Baking soda
- A sufficient amount of water
Process of cleaning:
- Take a spray bottle and place a sufficient amount of white vinegar inside it.
- Spray vinegar on the moldy area of your hydro flask.
- Keep the flask in this position for sixty minutes.
- Take a damp cloth and scrub the pan, or soak the cloth in a water and baking soda mixture and wipe the pan with it.
- Now, wait for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, you can rinse the hydro flask surface with cold water.
Apply lemon juice
Lemon juice is an acidic food ingredient, and it can remove stubborn dust from any pot or pan surface very quickly. Moreover, lemon juice has a tasty smell, so it can also be used to remove the bad smell of mold. You just need some slices of lemon and a brush or soft scrubber.
- First, you have to identify exactly where the mold is inside the flask.
- Scrub the mold area with a brush or scrubber.
- Squeeze some lemon slices and put the lemon juice inside the hydro flask.
- Put on the cap of the flask and shake it efficiently so that the lemon juice reaches everywhere in the flask inside.
- Throw away the lemon juice from the flask inside.
- Turn on the faucet and wash your hydro flask efficiently. You can easily enjoy its excellent, juicy flavor.
- Take a dry cloth and wipe the flask throughout.
How do I clean the straw of a hydro flask?
The straw is the trajectory of water; if it becomes unclean, the entire body of water will be unable to be eaten. As a result, you must use the best method to clean it and remove mold from its interior.
Steps for cleaning the hydro flask’s straw
First Step: Take a knife and remove the rubber straw out of the flask’s gasket.
Step 02: Apply soap or dishwashing detergent and wash the straw’s inside.
Final Step: Drain some pure water through the pipe, and finally dry it.
How to clean the lid of a hydro flask?
There are several types of hydro flasks, and they include different types of lids. If you do not clean them regularly, they can be infected and cause several types of health issues. The lid-cleaning process is simple.
Steps for cleaning the Hydro Flask lid:
- Turn the cap of the lid anticlockwise to unscrew it.
- Remove the cap and lid from the flask and keep them separately. To do the task, you have to hold the lid strongly with one hand and twist its cap with another.
- Unscrew the plunger of the flask lid. First, you have to twist it slightly, then turn it counterclockwise so that it comes out quickly.
- Here you will get a colored silicone seal. It is removable, and you have to take it out and wash it with water.
- Melt soap and water in a jar. You should melt them until they become foam.
- Take a brush and sink it under the soap and water mixture. Now, abrade the flask lid with the brush efficiently.
- Finally, wash the lid with clean water and wipe it. Now, it is ready to use.
How to remove mold from a hydro flask gasket?
Mold in hydro flask gasket spoils the taste and damages the food standard. Removing mold from a hydro flask gasket is an easy task. You should use only white vinegar to do this task. Take the gasket and pour a sufficient amount of white vinegar on it. Now, take a soft brush and rub the gasket efficiently.
A bad smell from a hydro flask or any other pot is intolerable. So, checking the mold and solving the problem of the hydro flask are necessary tasks for every user. If you wait a short time afterward, you can enjoy the actual flavor of the drink and get rid of the terrible scents.